In Sinnoh, there is an underground world to discover. You can dig up treasure there and play Capture the Flag with friends. To start with, you need the Explorer Kit. You get this in the house right next to the Pokémon Center in Eterna City. After you do all the stuff the old man says, you can go underground. Make a Secret Base somewhere hidden with the Digger Drill. Keep checking back to the man because he will give you things depending on what you do underground. You can also play Capture the Flag underground. If you've ever played Capture the Flag in real life, you should just about know how to play it here. Basically, everyone that is near you, on local Wi-Fi, that is also underground has a secret base too. If you manage to find someone else's base, you can steal their flag and run back to your base to claim it as your own. When you get back to your base, talk to your PC to actually steal the flag you're holding. Watch out for traps while running though, because they can cause you to end up losing your flag. If someone steals your flag, you'll see a notification above their head while running, and if you stop them by talking to them, they'll lose the flag they stole. If you or anyone else has a flag and is running, you can't talk to anyone or do anything but run without dropping your flag first.
To dig up stuff underground, find a sparkling place on your radar and tap on the screen to find a shine to dig. You can dig in the walls only. Use the Hammer or Pickaxe to dig up treasure! You can also place Spheres that you dig up in the ground and come back later to retrieve them and have them grow.
- 1 Flag - Bronze Flag - Able to put 12 Decorations in your base.
- 3 Flags - Silver Flag - Able to put 15 Decorations in your base.
- 10 Flags - Gold Flag - Able to remove 10 Big Boulders.
- 50 Flags - Platinum Flag - Able to remove all Big Boulders.
Items to Dig Up
(Museum is in Oreburgh City)
- Green, Red, Blue, Prism, and Pale Spheres - Used to purchase items underground
- Armor Fossil - Revive to get Shieldon (Pearl Only)
- Skull Fossil - Revive to get Cranidos (Diamond Only)
- Dome Fossil - Revive to get Kabuto
- Helix Fossil - Revive to get Omanyte
- Old Amber - Revive to get Aerodactyl
- Claw Fossil - Revive to get Anorith
- Root Fossil - Revive to get Lileep
- All the types of Plates
- Blue, Red, Green, and Yellow Shards
- Damp, Heat, Smooth, and Icy Rocks
- Thunderstone, Fire Stone, Water Stone, Leaf Stone, Moon Stone, Sun Stone, Oval Stone, Everstone - Info
- Hard Stone
- Iron Ball
- Heart Scale - Used to relearn moves - Info
- Light Clay
- Odd Keystone
- Rare Bone - Sell
- Star Piece - Sell
- Max Revive