Tips and Hints
I have a few tips and tricks and stuff about Pokémon that I’d like to share with you.
- Train more than just one Pokémon. This helps because if your only one best guy faints, you would be done for.
- Breed Pokémon for good moves. Breeding Page
- Don’t just train a Pokémon because it’s strong, like Tyranitar, train it because you like it. Good trainers should win with their favorites.
- Give a wide moveset to your Pokémon. For example, a Blastoise with Bubblebeam, Surf, Hydro Pump, and Skull Bash has a very poor moveset. You don’t need 3 Water moves. Replace Bubblebeam, and Hydro Pump (I like Surf better) with Earthquake and Ice Beam, or something else.
- Train many Pokémon. This gives you a wider choice when someone battles you.
- Don’t train Legendaries. Many trainers (including me) don’t like it when people use Legends. Remember, good trainers don’t need to use Legendaries.
- Save before any big battle or catching a Legendary. Then, reset until you defeat the trainer or catch the Pokémon.
- Speed determines what Pokémon goes first in a battle, but did you know that if a wild Pokémon is faster than your Pokémon, it causes you to not be able to run? This is why this happens. Try putting a faster Pokémon in front if you want to get somewhere fast.
- Pressing B when a Pokémon tries to evolve stops it from evolving. Use this for those Pokémon you want to keep just as they are.
- Press Select while in the bag to re-order items.
- The Name Rater is in Eterna City in the building next to the PokéMart.