About Slix and the Site
Slix, The Webmaster
Hey, I’m Jeremy, or better known on the internet as Slix, the webmaster here at Poliwager. I'm in college currently, and I have been into Pokémon since I was about 7 years old. I own many (and most) of the Pokémon games, ranging from my first, Pokémon Blue, to some of the latest, Pokémon X and Omega Ruby. I love Poliwag (hence the site name), but I also really like Cyndaquil, Furret, Golem, but I really don't dislike any Pokémon greatly. I've put hundreds of hours into a ton of my games over time, and I love to play them with friends and with people online.
Some other things about me... I like pizza and cereal a lot, I love using Apple computers, and I'm a follower of Jesus. People often tell me I'm a bit odd, but I don't let it bother me. Being "normal" is no fun! I'm also really happy pretty much all the time. My friends tell me they've hardly, if ever, seen me upset or mad. I generally go on the internet quite a lot during the day, and play my Game Boy or DS. I really like listening to music and I have more than a dozen iPods. Some of my favorite bands include Barenaked Ladies, Alanis Morissette, Tegan and Sara, The Beatles, Scissor Sisters, Metric, Kara's Flowers, Coldplay, U2, and Dave Matthews Band, but I love a lot of music, too much to list here.
Feel free to follow me on Twitter if you wish; I post about random stuff, music, Pokémon, updates and I love to chat, so feel free to send me a tweet!
Above all, I really like it when I see people enjoy my site. It makes me happy to see it's useful and fun!
- I made this site on November 27, 2008. I named it Poliwager (Pol-eeh-wag-er) after my favorite Pokémon, Poliwag. I love to help people with anything Pokémon, and that’s why I made all of these Pokémon pages.
- April Fools Day 2009 - I pulled a prank on the main page that appeared that someone ‘hacked’ my site. In reality I actually did it myself. A image can be found here.
- The Poliwager Forums were made on April 10, 2009.
- From sometime in June 2009, until October 10, 2009, Poliwager was down. We were switching servers, and we finally got it back up on the Macideedoo (Mac-ih-dee-doo) Server.
- November 27, 2009 was Poliwager’s first birthday of being on the web.
- January 3, 2010 was the day that Poliwager was officially converted to full HTML.
- For April Fool's Day 2010, I made Poliwager "easier to read" and "banned" everyone on the forums. A full page about it can be found here.
- On April 10, 2010, Poliwager Forums turned one year old.
- May 29, 2010 was the day that I decided to go ahead and get my own domain and hosting for Poliwager. Poliwager.net replaced poliwager.macideedoo.com as Poliwager's url. We had to find ways to save money, and shutting off the server at home was one of those ways. I wanted to get my own domain anyways, to make Poliwager 100% official, rather than hosted on a subdomain.
- The Poliwager Adoptables were made on June 1, 2010. Back when it started, it was much more basic than it got to be around a year later.
- The Poliwager Forums underwent a huge change on Poliwager's 2nd birthday, November 27, 2010. I finally switched the forums over to a subdomain of Poliwager.net; forums.poliwager.net. The change was for the better and brought the removal of ads and custom styles, among other things.
- For April Fool's Day 2011, I changed the name and layout of Poliwager to Bellsprouter, a site based around the mascot of Bellsprout. A page detailing more of it can be found here.
- For April Fool's Day 2012, I made the Adoptables page show "Arceus" eggs, which in fact were just nicknamed regular Pokémon eggs. There also was a "special" multiplier that was a 0.41x, which in fact lowered the base maturity for clicking. A picture can be found here of the Adoptables.
- On October 15, 2012, Poliwager Adoptables was redesigned to match the main site's design, focusing on simplicity and ease of use for it, as well as adopting a better layout for the navigation of the sites.
- For April Fool's Day 2013, the Adoptables again had a "special" multiplier that was a 0.41x, an event ticked for a supposed "Dunsparce Appreciation Month", and a new game called Magic Jump that always resulted in a loss.
- On December 17, 2014, Poliwager went through a design change, focusing on simplicity and ease of use for the different sections of the site.
- On May 30, 2015, Poliwager Adoptables was redesigned once again to match the main site's design, again focusing on simplicity and ease of use for it.
And that's a little about Poliwager and myself! If you want to talk to me and find out more, check out the Forums and drop me a message!